Saturday, December 31, 2005

My goal

Its amazing looking back, like my devotions journals from the summer (SOAP.. Scripture, Own words, Application, Prayer) I've grown in the Lord so much! All those little devotionals I did had such a huge impact on my life.

I think the one verse that has "guided" me through life this far is:
1 Timothy 4:12 "Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for other believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity."

In my daily life I searched for ways I could be a better example of Christ. And at camp whenever people would put me down, I just frorgot about it and accepted them anyway, It was hard to adapt to this all at first, but God guided me through it all.

Before camp I figured my own personal goal for the rest of the year, to be the best example of Christ I could be.

I watched the camp staff more closely to see what I noticed first, and I noticed humbleness right off the bat. I decided this will be the area I work on for the summer. I figured, since I noticed it first, maybe others will notice it too, and if I become humble like Jesus, I may set that example.

Later on in the summer I went to TAM which was during Teen Camp. The Subject at TAM was "Be a Hero" now many probably know that we set a goal, and together raised over $11,000 for a village in nigeria. This alone made all of the participants Hero's in the eyes of the people who lived in this village. But what I learned was to be a hero in more than physical ways.

Example: My dad is my hero. He's been the best dad and the greatest example of Christ i've seen in a man. What makes him a hero, is that he doesn't even know that he's a hero. What he does, and how he does it makes him my hero. I've seen in him humbleness toward the homeless, and the wealthy for that matter. I don't see that in people very often.

I've learned that our lifestyles or the way we live can set such an example on others, wether that example is Godly or not. And I know, that I am going to stand for Christ and try and be more like Him that I may leave an example for the next person to see, that they may, in-turn be, an example of Christ, a true hero.

My goal continues for the year 2006, I long to be like Jesus. I want to GROW unimaginably throughout the year in my walk with Christ, and I want to show Christ to everyone I meet.

But I know that none of this is possible for me, Chris Hinzman. So I offer my life as a sacrifice to my Lord.
In God alone all things are possible. In Him alone is my trust.

No comments: