Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Sufficient


The world can fill us in the same way that water can fill a fuel tank. In-sufficiently.

If your goal is to "fill the tank" then water will be enough. But if you want your car to function, fuel does more than simply fill the tank. The car was made to function strictly within the parameter of fuel - and this, not because the car is in any way special, but because fuel is entirely sufficient for the need. 

It is possible that things in the world will inhabit the void in your heart/life, but you may be wondering why filling the void doesn't satisfy the longing of your heart. Friend, only Christ is sufficient for your need.

"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." (2 Corinthians 12:9)

No comments: