Thursday, August 18, 2016

Greater is God's Plan for Me Than I May Ever Even See

Then with a sweet and calm embrace, I knew it was the Lord who placed
Me in this plane to understand; how marvelous, His mighty plan

From the ground, the clouds are high
Much out of reach, high in the sky
They do not seem magnificent
But less, I'd say. Unimpressive
This, I thought, while on the ground
Since I hardly notice them
Although, they're all around

But when this plane took to the sky
I found myself assessing my
Grounded perspective of the clouds
A bit disturbed by what I find
They're massive things! They block sunlight
For miles and miles all at one time
This smallest one, it's shadow shows
Is much greater than grounders know

Ascending quick, engulfed in white
My plane is swallowed by this sight
The tallest mountains ever known
Who knew that from inside, they glow!

But as I gently whisped my way
Through giant massive clouds today
I noticed this: I never knew
These clouds are grounders too!
For as I peered beyond the height
Which was, I thought, top of the sky
I saw more clouds, but these seemed small
Compared to ones within my sight
Who knew that clouds have clouds as well?

Yet, further, faster, on I went
Continuing in my ascent
And in no time I realized
The mountainous clouds had shrunk in size
Especially considering

The distant clouds’ positioning
No longer tiny specks of white
But greater size, and higher flight
And brighter than the first one's light

Then with a sweet and calm embrace
I knew it was the Lord who placed
Me in this plane to understand
How marvelous, His mighty plan
For often, on the ground, I miss
The glory and the work of His
Redeeming and restoring grace
But here, I see it face to face

And still, from here, there's more to see
For, higher than the sky can be
There's greater, monumental things
Far beyond our dreams can dream
Beyond the clouds are clouds galore
And further still, the sun, and more
There's endless planets, galaxies
Which represent His plan for me

Now I descend back to the ground
Back through the layers of the clouds
And too, I'm looking back to see
Through all these years, His plan for me

Not always clear or evident
Not always what I had wanted
But greater and more sufficient
Since I am In His Hands


I'll not forget the Truth I've found
Here floating, flying, off the ground

That Greater is God's plan for me
Than I may ever even see

No comments: