Friday, June 25, 2010

Anything Worth Saying?

I found out today that it is my turn to preach the sermon on Sunday morning. I’m so excited! There have been multiple Scripture passages standing out in my mind the past few days. What a wonderful opportunity I have to share, or pour out, all that God is filling me with.

There is so much going on in me that I cannot easily discern what it is I ought to speak about. This is good! I believe prayer should be the first step. I think I will focus on Colossians 1:17 and maybe touch on a few side-scriptures here and there that were on my mind (1 Peter 5:6-7, Isaiah 61). As I go to seek the Lord’s heart, I think a good question to ask is (in context of who I am, where I am, who I am talking to) “what is essential to say?” I think of particular words taken from Aaron Shust’s song ‘Give me Words’ that say “Give me words to speak, don’t let my spirit sleep, because I can’t think of anything worth saying.” The difference is that he writes about being speechless when conversing with the Lord, I am about to speak with people and I am everything but speechless. The difficulty is that I cannot ‘preach on every topic.’ So my prayer is that He would provide me with the words to speak(although God has already provided me with many many words, I feel as if I have nothing to say).

I will write more later. Peace!

No comments: