Monday, January 26, 2009

The Assurance of Heaven

Here is a small reflection I wrote on my dad's phone while on my way home from East Liverpool on Sunday 1/25 (where the finale was at for mid-winter retreat).

At the end of the service, I was able to see a number of friends I haven't seen in months, some I haven't seen in years!

I was most excited to see this one elderly man in particular. This man is one I hadn't seen in years. He came across to me just as he had the last time I had seen him. Though, aged and seeming ill, the most humble and glad man I am yet to meet.

Already blessed, what was most interesting was what he said next. I had to go get some things done and said goodbye, to which he replied, smiling, "I'll see you again."

After years having not seen him and not knowing if I will see him again in this life, the assurance of heaven was evident through his words. This assurance echoes in my heart tonight.

No comments: