Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Challenge of Today

I get so wrapped up in thinking about who I am supposed to be tomorrow that I seem to disregard who I am supposed to be today. I pray often that I would be a man of God, pointing my future family straight to Christ. That I would be a godly father and husband.

It is good to be aware of who you once were and it is also good to be mindful of the person you are becoming; unless this mindfulness has caused you to be less concerned with today.

Perhaps the single question in the majority of children's heads is this: "what do I want to 'do' when I grow up?" Why, I wonder, don't they ask "what should I do today?" I asked that question.. my answer was to make people smile.

In Salem, I was about 10 or 12 years old when I began developing a method of smile-making (lol). There was an older woman named Libby. She was having a bad day, so I went up to her and said in a loud voice: "Oh, LIBBY! I looooove you! You know that? We should totally get married!" It worked then, so I had done this to four or five others in Painesville as well. Needless to say, it caught many people off guard and laughter did occur! For the remaining year or three in Salem, I continued to call Libby my wife. Her twenty year old daughter even called me dad!

As stupid, weird, or really weird this small action was, it really made people laugh. At the age of 10 or 12, making people laugh was what I felt God wanting me to do.

MORAL OF THE STORY :)
You are not alive today so that you can become something greater in order to do something magnificent tomorrow. Although, you may do enormous things in your lifetime, you are alive today to be successful in the opportunities given to you and the convictions stirring up within you TODAY.

1 comment:

jeff said...

You're a smart one Christopher. Your moral to your post is on the mark. I pray you continue to grow in the wisdom of the Lord. Stay the course. There is non better.