Monday, December 11, 2006

James 1

'Lord, open my mind and my heart to the things I read this day. Share with me Your wisdom to understand, and diligence to apply your word, daily. In the name of Christ, and in the will of God I ask."

James 1 -click to read

Things to think on;

Don't let temptation and trials and troubles get the best of you. Instead, get the best of them! (2-8)
When you recieve Scripture, apply it, act on it! Don't let it go in one ear and out the other. (22-25)
God doesn't tempt us, temptation is our own evil desires at work within us. (13-14)


"When troubles come your way, welcome them as teachers, nomatter how unpleasant they may be. Take advantage of your bad circumstances by depending on God to get you through hard times. He will not only take care of you, but He will make you a better person through it."

(Quote taken from 'One Year Through the Bible')

No comments: