Monday, January 18, 2016

Holiness: Difficult and Doable

I tried learning a new song on the guitar tonight. So difficult. At first it sounded BAD. But as I practiced, it started sounding better. I focused on the weak parts of the song until they were all strong.  The song was not easier, I just became more prepared to play it.

The melody of holiness is beautiful and intricate.  Difficult to learn.  But as I exercise my mind and heart and body to be holy (pushing past the excruciating discomfort of denying temptation . . . choosing the UN-familiar path of righteousness) I find God's grace in great measure.

I believe that, in disciplined relationship with Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit is bulking me up - so that I (IN HIM) am better enabled to be pure and holy today.  Not that the holy life is becoming easier, but that my strength is finally beginning to exceed my own capability. And I find that, the more I live out this melody of Christ, the more His holiness resides in me!



To be like Jesus..
This hope possesses me!
His Spirit helping me,
Like Him I'll be.

Man, I really want to resemble Jesus. 
For my church, my friends, my future family. 
Father, help me to resemble Jesus!

No comments: