Sunday, November 15, 2009

I need hunger pains

When the time passes which I am without food, I begin to know more evidently my need to eat: both in my mind and in my body. My prayer is that the Lord would make every moment more painfully clear to you and me, day by day, the need to be dwelling in Him and the need for Him to be exclusive to us. I pray it with hope that we would not cease to actively live for Him until we are like Him and are satisfied with Him: this, when He finally brings us to Him – in paradise.

God does not merely desire more of us; in all actuality, He requires all of us. Satisfaction is a state of 'that’s good enough' where further seeking is not wanted or found to be needed. Our goal in seeking God while we are on Earth is not to be satisfied in Him, but to have a deeper longing for Him. That, for all that He has called us to.

No comments: