Friday, January 30, 2009

Inspiring People/Having A Servant's Heart

Many people seek to be successful, but few people take the time to notice opportunities given to them at their current 'appointment,' or circumstances.

I’ve been thinking much about missionary work. Why, I wonder, am I so looking forward to Christ’s ministry overseas when I have perfect opportunity for doing ministry here in Canton? Honestly, I haven’t given more than an ounce of effort or discomfort into it.

Of those who notice current circumstances, many are too selfish to deny themselves and 'take up' the (selfless) lifestyle of a man or woman of God, when nobody will see their deeds. False humility and false hearted-action are two of my greatest pet peeves… also two of my greatest tormentors.

The Bible says to have a servant’s heart – not a servant’s occupation. I pray that one day I’d have the character of a spiritual giant; so to joyfully serve, even while performing the filthiest of tasks, without hope of recognition, but assurance in glory being given to my God.

Thank you Mom and Dad
Thanks Aunt Janice and Uncle Steve
You too, Matt Frye
(and many, many others of you who may be reading this that I haven't mentioned..)

...for inspiring me with your lives, by living with a true servant's heart

No comments: