Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Backward Thinking - Bible Logic

  • Society says to desire praise and honor
  • We naturally desire praise and honor
  • The Bible says to desire praising and honoring God - and not ourselves. Paul actually says in 1st Corinthians 12:

7To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Thank You, Jesus, for putting a thorn, also, in my side. Thank you for crushing me! Forbit it from me to ever become prideful in Your strength, as if it were my own. Now, I know what boasting in the LORD is. Now, I will brag about You!

Psalm 51:
8 Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
9 Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity.
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

No comments: